TNPDS Smart Ration Card Scheme 2023 @ tnpds.gov.in Apply Online, Check Status: We have seen that the Narendra Modi government is moving towards digitizing government schemes for the last few years. All the facilities provided to the general public are being digitized so that transparency can be brought into the system.
State governments have started showing interest in such facilities. Tamil Nadu State Government has taken initiative and started the scheme to digitize the ration card. Tamil Nadu is the first state in the country to start this scheme. Chief Minister Sh. M.K. Stalin has set an example for other states by initiating the digitalization of the TN PDS Ration Card. The scheme of digitalization of the Ration Card was announced in 2021.
Tamil Nadu Public Distribution System Authority Department is the issuing authority of the TNPDS Smart Ration Card. TN government has started the application process for the ration card through online mode. Apart from this, distribution of the Tamil Nadu Smart Ration Card will also be available online.
TNPDS Smart Ration Card Scheme Objectives
|Scheme Name||TNPDS Smart Card|
|Initiated By||Public Distribution System|
|Beneficiaries||Citizens of Tamil Nadu|
|Aim||Digitalization of Ration Card|
- Elimination of hunger and starvation in Tamil Nadu.
- To protect citizens from the ill effects of rising prices of essential commodities.
- Providing economical domestic fuel like kerosene.
- Ensuring easy access to fair-price shops by the cardholders.
- Ensuring affordable prices of essential commodities, especially for the poorest.
- To ensure the availability of essential commodities at the right time every month.
Types of TNPDS Ration Card in Tamil Nadu
In Tamil Nadu, four types of ration cards are issued to the citizens through which they can take rations from the authorized government shops of ration.
- Green cards – This card is issued to the citizens who get rice and other commodities from the Fair Price Shops (FPS). Antodaya Anna Yojna cardholders also lie in this category.
- White cards – This type of cardholder gets extra 3kg of sugar over the prescribed quota.
- No commodity card – This card is not entitled to draw any commodity from ration shops.
- Khaki cards- This one is issued to police personnel up to the rank of inspectors.
What documents are required to apply for a TNPDS Smart Ration Card
The following documents are required while applying for the TNPDS Digital Ration Card:-
- Aadhar Card of family members
- Pan Card
- Photograph of family members
- Bank passbook of family head
- Caste/Category certificate
- Family Income certificate
- Recent Electricity bill
How to Apply for TNPDS Ration Card?
To apply for a new TNPDS Digital Ration Card citizens of Tamil Nadu must be aware of the process. Here are simple steps to apply for a new digital ration card.
- First of all, go through the official website at www.tnpds.gov.in
- Then, click on Smart Card / Electronic Card Application Services.
- Click on the link titled “Apply for New Smart Card”.
- Fill in the required details and upload the documents.
- Thereafter, submit the application form and a Smart Card Number will be generated.
- Take a printout of the same for further use.
How to check TNPDS Smart Card Status Online?
- Go to the official website at www.tnpds.gov.in
- Click on the link named Electronic Card Services.
- Then, click on the link named Status of Electronic Card Application.
- Fill in the reference number received at the time of application registration.
- Click on the submit button and check the application status.
How to add or delete members in TNPDS Smart Card?
- Visit the official website @tnpds.gov.in
- Go through the link named Electronic Card Related Services.
- Click on the option to Add/Remove a family member.
- On the next opened page, fill in the required information.
- Finally, submit the application form.
Official Website of TNPDS – www.tnpds.gov.in