Punjab Election Result 2022 Live Updates, Party Wise Seats in Punjab Assembly Election: The Punjab Legislative Assembly Elections were held on 20th Feb 2022 to elect 117 members of the Punjab Legislative Assembly. This time, it will be the 16th Assembly of Punjab Vidhan Sabha. The counting of votes will be done on 10th March 2022 and the Punjab Election Result 2022 will be announced on the same day.
This year, voters turnout is 71.95% which was less than the last Assembly voters turnout which was 77.2%. In 2017, Indian National Congress won the Punjab Assembly Elections by defeating the ruling alliance (Gathbandhan) of Shiromani Akali Dal and BJP Party, and the new Aam Aadmi Party.
In the year 2022, the Punjab Election Result will be out on 10th March 2022. This year, the Election Commission has banned the media to publish the Exit Polls Result between 10th Feb to 7th March 2022. Violation of this rule is punishable with 2 years of imprisonment.
Punjab Election Result 2022 Live Counting of Seats
The Tenure of the 15th Punjab Legislative Assembly will end on 23rd March 2022. In 2017, Punjab Assembly Elections were held in Feb 2017 and the Punjab Election Result 2017 goes in favour of the Indian National Congress. Captain Amrinder Singh was honoured to be the CM of Punjab. But, he resigned on 18th September 2022 and Charanjit Singh Channi became the new CM of Punjab.
Due to the differences with other members of the Indian National Congress Party, Captain Amrinder Singh officially resigned from INC on 2nd November 2021 and inaugurated a new political party named Punjab Lok Congress.
Earlier the Punjab Election date was 14th Feb 2022 which was changed to 20th Feb 2022 later on account of Guru Ravidas Jayanti. Let’s have a look at the Punjab Election Schedule 2022:
|Election Schedule Announcement||8th January 2022|
|Nomination Process||25th Jan to 1st Feb 2022|
|Scrutiny of Nominations||2nd Feb 2022|
|Last date for withdrawal Candidature||4th Feb 2022|
|Date of Casting Votes||20th Feb 2022|
|Date of Counting Votes and Punjab Election Result Date 2022||10th March 2022|
Punjab Assembly Election Result Date 2022
In the year 2022, a total of 1304 candidates are contesting the Punjab Assembly Elections. Out of them, 1209 Candidates are Male, 93 Candidates are Female, and 2 candidates are from Transgender Category.
Talking about the number of Voters in Punjab, there are 21499804 Registered voters in Punjab in the year 2022. Out of them, 11298081 are male voters, 10200996 are female voters, and only 727 transgender voters are there.
As per the information provided by the Chief Electoral Officer Dr S Karuna Raju, there were 24740 Polling Stations in 14684 Polling Locations in Punjab. Out of which, 2013 Polling Stations were identified as critical. All the polling stations were under webcast on Polling day. Punjab Police and CAPF performed their duties well and elections were held peacefully at all polling stations.
Major Changes in Punjab Politics in 2021-2022
Farmer’s Protest has brought major changes in Punjab Politics. Here are the highlights of a few major changes in Punjab political Parties in the years 2021 and 2022:
- Captain Amrinder Sigh resigned from the CM post on 18th September 2021 and resigned from Indian National Congress on 2nd November 2022.
- After that, he made his own party under the name Punjab Lok Congress. Currently, PLC contested 34 seats. They were allotted 37 seats but it could not find candidates for 3 seats. So they returned 3 seats to BJP. 4 candidates of Punjab Lok Congress contested on BJP Symbol.
- From June 2021 to November 2021, 5 AAP MLAs joined Congress.
- In Jan 2022, 4 Congress MLAs joined BJP, one of them returned back to Congress.
Party Wise CM Candidates for Punjab Assembly Elections
In this section, we will tell you about the name of candidates who are announced to be the CM Face of Punjab by different political parties:
|CM Candidate||Party||Contesting From|
|Charanjit Singh Channi||Indian National Congress(INC)||Chamkaur Sahib and Bhadaur|
|Sukhbir Singh Badal||Shiromani Akali Dal(SAD)||Jalalabad|
|Bhagwant Mann||Aam Aadmi Party(AAP)||Dhuri|
Punjab Elections 2022 Political Parties and Alliances
- In Punjab Assembly Elections 2022, AAP is contesting on all seats without any alliance.
- Because of the Farmer Protest in the year 2020, SAD dissolved its more than two decades alliance with BJP.
- On 13th June 2021, SAD and BSP announced an alliance for Punjab Assembly Elections with 97-20 Seat Sharing.
- After that, on 28th December 2021, BJP, PLC, and SAD(Sanyukt) announced an alliance for the Punjab Assembly Elections 2022.
- Sanyukt Samaj Morcha and Sayukt Sangharsh Alliance with 107-10 seat sharing.
We will soon update you about the Punjab Election Result 2022. Exit Polls Results will be available after 7th March 2022 as per the guidelines issued by Election Commission. The Punjab Elections Result Date 2022 is 10th March 2022.
As per your opinion, which party will win in Punjab Elections 2022, and who will be the next CM of Punjab. Please mention this in the comment section. Thank you.