Leftinent General Manoj Pande Biography, His Medals & Achievements, Family Details: Lt Gen Manoj Pande is the 29th Chief of the Army Staff, replacing MM Naravane because of the tenure of MM Naravane is getting completed at the end of this month, i.e., on April 30. Officials gave this information on Monday. Earlier, Lt Gen Pande was the Vice Chief of the Army Staff.
Mr Manoj Pande is the first commander of the Corps of Engineers, who will be the Chief of the Army Staff. The 1.3 million-person army was headed by only infantry, armoured regiment, and artillery officers. Before becoming the Vice Chief of the Army Staff, he headed the Eastern Command of the Army on February 1.
This command is responsible for the defence of the Line of Actual Control in Arunachal Pradesh and Sikkim and the sector. General Naravane’s term ends on April 30. Officials said that the Appointments Committee of the Cabinet, chaired by the Prime Minister, approved the proposal to appoint Manoj Pande as the next Chief of Army Staff.
Manoj Pande has also served as the head of the Andaman and Nicobar Command. The Andaman and Nicobar Command is the only command of the three armies in India. Army Chief Naravane and other personnel took to Twitter to congratulate Lt Manoj Pande on being appointed as the 29th Chief of the Army Staff. As Chief of Army Staff on May 1, 2022, Lt Gen Manoj Pande will take charge.
Manoj Pande Biography – The Army General
Lieutenant General Manoj Pande was born on May 6, 1962, in Nagpur city of Maharashtra. Lt Gen Manoj Pande joined the Corps of Engineers in December 1982 after getting a commission from the Army. On February 1, 2022, Manoj Pande took over as the Chief of Army Staff in place of Lt General Chandi Prasad Mohanty, who retired on January 31. Let us tell you that Lt Gen Pande is a graduate of the National Defense Academy (NDA).
|Full Name||Lieutenant General Manoj Pande|
|DOB||6 May 1962|
|Wife||Archana Salpekar ( A Gold medalist )|
|Father/ Mother||Dr CG Pande / Prema Pande|
|Years of Service||December 1982 to present|
Manoj Pande Family
Manoj Pande and his entire family are residents of Nagpur city of Maharashtra. His father’s name is Dr CG Pande, who used to work as the head of the psychology department of Nagpur University and Manoj Pande’s mother’s name was Prema Pande. He has two brothers. Out of one of his brothers, Ketan has settled in Brunei. And the second brother of Manoj Pande has retired as a colonel in the Indian Army.
On 3 May 1987, Manoj Pande married Archana Salpekar, Gold Medalist of Government Dental College and Hospital, Nagpur. After many years of medical practice, Archana, wife of Lt Gen Pande, is now a homemaker.
Manoj Pande Career
- He was commissioned into the Corps of Engineers The Bombay Sappers in 1982. After completing his course in the UK, Manoj Pande returned to India, and after that, he was appointed as Brigade Manager in Northeast India. When Manoj Pande was promoted to colonel lieutenant, he served in the United Nations Mission as Chief Engineer in Ethiopia and Eritrea.
- Manoj Pande assumed command of the 117 Engineer Regiment along the Line of Control at the time of Operation Parakram in the subtle Pallanwala Sector of Jammu and Kashmir.
- After completion of the course at NDC, Manoj Pande was posted as Brigadier General Staff Operations at Headquarters Eastern Command.
- After this, Manoj was promoted to the rank of Major General. He commanded the 8 Mountain Division here.
- Manoj completed his tenure as an additional general in the Directorate of Military Operations at Army Headquarters.
- Promoted to the rank of lieutenant general, he served as the chief of staff of the southern command.
- He commanded the IV Corps of Lt Gen Gurpal Singh Sangh Tezpur in 2018.
- Then after one and a half years, he moved to Army Headquarters, after which Manoj was appointed Director-General and looked after the subjects of Discipline, Well Beg, Ceremony.
- He was the Commander-in-Chief of the Andaman and Nicobar Command from June 2020 to May 2021.
- General Officer Manoj Pande took over as the Vice Chief of Army Staff on February 1, 2022, in place of Lt Gen Chandi Prasad Mohanty.
- On January 18, 2022, Manoj Pande was appointed as the Vice-Chief of the Indian Army.
Manoj Pande Achievements
- Param Vishisht Seva Medal (PVSM)
- Ati Vishisht Seva Medal (AVSM)
- Vishisht Seva Medal
- Chief of Army Staff Commendation
- General officer commanding (GOC) -in-C Commendation twice
The Indian Army has a new Chief – Lt Gen Manoj Pande. He is the senior-most in the Indian Army after the retirement of some top officers in the last three months and has commanded the Eastern Command.
Starting May 2022, Lt Gen Manoj Pande is the next Army Chief of India.