SBI PO Selection Process & Salary: Are you aspiring to become a bank’s probationary officer and work with reputed Indian banks, particularly SBI? If yes then you must realize how influential the post and prominent the bank that you wish to work with is. Through this article, we will help you understand the way to become a bank’s PO and the responsibilities of a probationary officer in banks.
We will also be touching on different aspects related to becoming a Probationary Officer. Besides that, we will also learn some facts about the State Bank of India. Therefore, make sure that you read the article thoroughly to realize the significance of the post that you are eyeing.
Way to Become PO & The Responsibilities of a PO in a Bank
The points below will help you understand the purpose of probationary officers in a bank and what are their responsibilities. Therefore, make sure that you read the points attentively.
- To become PO you are first required to finish your graduation. You must have a Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree certificate from a reputed institution.
- You have to qualify for the Bank PO exam to engage in the selection process conducted by different banks and organizations.
- Some popular Bank PO examinations include SBI PO, IBPS PO, ICICI Bank, Axis Bank, HDFC Bank, IDFC bank, Federal Bank, Oriental Bank of Commerce, etc.
- A Probationary Officer is also known as an Assistant Manager of Scale I in a bank.
- He/she is a Junior Manager of Grade I scale and therefore called Scale I Officer.
- On successfully passing the entrance test, a Probationary Officer is made to undergo an intensive training schedule at the Institute of Banking Management where they are prepared holistically.
- A Probationary Officer is prepared in finance, accounting, billing, investment, etc. during his/ her probation period to acquaint them with the diverse working procedures of the bank.
- The probation period of a Probationary Officer may last for approximately 2 years.
- A Probationary Officer handles the overall banking management of a bank or a company associated with the banking sector.
- One of the primary functions of these officers is to drive transactions of the bank’s customers. They have the authority to allocate chequebooks, organize cash, and handing cheques, etc.
- He/she has to make sure that the business of the bank keeps on boosting by attending to the bank’s customers suitably by addressing their complaints.
- Their responsibilities range from planning, budgeting, loan processing, investment management, etc
- The probationary officers also work in companies that largely focus on financial and accounting matters.
If SBI is your choice of workplace then find out more about being a Probationary Officer in the State Bank Of India, by learning about the SBI PO Salary.
Interesting Information Related To The State Bank Of India
Let’s gather some interesting details about the State Bank Of India. We are sure a few pieces of information you didn’t know to date. Therefore, make sure to read the points thoroughly.
- SBI is the largest Indian banking & financial service company. The headquarters are found in Mumbai, Maharashtra.
- It is the first bank to open an ATM at Drass in the Jammu & Kashmir Kargil region. Besides that, it is the first bank to open a branch in China.
- SBI has 190 foreign offices in 36 countries and also more than 15,000 branches all over India.
- The first woman to be designated as the chairperson of SBI is Arundhati Bhattacharya.
- The current, chairperson of the State bank of India is Mr Shri Dinesh Kumar Khara.