EWS Certificate Application Form, EWS Certificate Eligibility, Documents Required for EWS Form, EWS Certificate Application Fee, State Wise EWS Application Link, Check EWS Application Form Status.
By obtaining an EWS Certificate, Indian nationals who are classified as belonging to the EWS (Economically Weaker Section) can demonstrate their eligibility for the benefits that are available to them. To obtain your Certificate, you will need to complete an EWS Certificate Application Form 2022, which can be done online.
This will allow you to download the form. After submitting an application for your EWS Certificate, you will be required to wait for a response from the administrator for a period of two weeks. You can obtain additional benefits by using the EWS Certificate PDF, which you can download and then utilise.
The Indian government has made a 10% reserve available for residents who belong under the EWS Category, which implies such citizens are eligible to make a reservation claim.
This post includes a link to the state-specific EWS Certificate Application Form as well as information on who is eligible to receive an EWS Certificate. According to the regulations, a person can make a claim for their reservation under the EWS Category if they have a family income that is less than Rs 8,000,00/- or if they have less than 5 Acres of Land.
EWS Certificate Application Form 2022
Dr. B.R. Ambedkar, the man responsible for writing the Indian Constitution, introduced the idea of reservation criteria when he included it in that document in the year 1950.
He did so in an effort to empower the more marginalised members of Indian society, such as those belonging to the SC, Scheduled Tribes (STs), Backward Classes (BCs), and EWS, as well as other groups, by providing them with the opportunity to In order for residents to be eligible for the benefits of the EWS certificate.
The government of India has established certain eligibility requirements that must be met. Continue reading until you reach the conclusion in order to obtain further information regarding the EWS Certificate application 2022.
EWS Certificate Eligibility
Citizens are required to indicate their eligibility at the level determined by the government in order to gain access to the benefits that come along with the EWS certificate. If they are unable to satisfy the eligibility requirements, then they will not be permitted to submit an application for the EWS certificate. The eligibility requirements are outlined in the table that can be seen below.
- Only candidates who fall under the General Category are eligible for the 10% EWS reservation quota. Candidates who fall into other categories, such as OBC (27%), SC (15%), and ST (7.5%), are already eligible for reservation privileges.
- People who are not included in the reservation programme for Scheduled Castes, Scheduled Tribes, or Other Backward Classes and whose families have a gross annual income of less than eight lakh rupees (only eight lakh rupees) are to be identified as EWSs for the purpose of receiving reservation benefits.
- In order for your household to be considered eligible for EWS, you cannot own or possess any agricultural land that is more than 5 acres.
- In order for your household to be considered economically disadvantaged, you cannot own or have possession of a residential unit that is larger than one thousand square feet.
- In order for your household to be considered eligible for EWS, the informed towns must confirm that you do not own or possess a residential plot that is larger than 100 square yards. You should be aware that one hundred square yards is equivalent to nine hundred square feet or two cents (approx).
- In order to be eligible for the EWS programme, your household must not own or possess a residential plot with an area of more than 200 square yards in any location other than inside notified municipalities. It’s important to keep in mind that 200 square yards is equivalent to 1800 square feet or four cents (approx).
Documents Required for EWS Form
- Aadhaar Card.
- Id Proof
- Caste Certificate
- BPL Card
- Affidavit/Self Declaration.
- Land/property documents
- Residential proof/Domicile Certificate
- Passport-sized photograph
- Other relevant documents
EWS Certificate Application Fee
When applying for the EWS certificate, candidates are required to pay a nominal application fee in order to proceed with the application process. Because the amount of the application cost will be decided by the Department of State Revenue, this just indicates that the fee required to submit an application will not be the same in each of the states that make up India.
The fee must be submitted by the applicant using either an online or offline media (Net Banking, Card, BHIM UPI, Cash, Cheque, Demand Draft). We will get back to you as soon as we have any new information regarding the application fee; but, at this time, there is no information available about the application fee in any form.
How to Apply for EWS Certificate Online?
- Visit the official website of the state, which should be able to accept application forms sent by internet medium.
- Search for “Income Certificate” once you have reached the landing page of the portal. If you are successful in finding it, pick it, and a new web page will open up.
- After you have provided the exact information requested on the registration form, select the option labelled “Submit” to finish the process.
- On the contact number that you provide, you will receive a provisional application number or registration number.
- After you have entered your login credentials, the application will be displayed before your very eyes.
- Please ensure that the requested information is included in each of the blank spaces located inside the application form.
- Now you need to upload the scanned files of the documents in the exact format that was prescribed by the government.
- It is the obligation of the candidate to upload valid documents that have been properly authorised by the relevant authorities of the Indian government.
- After filling in the details and uploading the necessary documents, you will be prompted to pay the application cost using a variety of payment methods, including BHIM UPI, Internet Banking, Credit Cards, and Debit Cards.
- It is mandatory for the applicant to pay the charge; if they attempt to get around paying the price, their application form will not be considered valid.
- Finish up the online process by saving the application and the electronic receipt of payment to your device, or take a printout of the page and make several copies of it. This will help you prevent any problems in the future.
Steps to Apply EWS Certificate – Offline Method
The application form that is issued by the government of India follows the same pattern no matter where you are in the country. The applicant needs to be able to demonstrate that they have the intelligence necessary to correctly record all of the information that is requested on the application form.
If the authorities find that the details provided do not match the eligibility requirements, then they will instruct the applicants on the proper procedure for filling out the EWS Certificate application form. Each applicant may only submit a single completed application form at a time.
EWS Certificate Online Apply – Definition of Family
You are required to have read the phrase “Family” that was included in the qualifying criteria that were presented earlier, and the family will only consist of a list of the following family members:
- Applicant’s Parents and Applicant’s Spouse
- Children and Siblings who are younger than 18 years of age
Validity of EWS Certificate
- The applicants are expected to renew and update the certificate within the allotted amount of time in order to keep the lifetime advantage of the certificate.
- One year is the official time that the EWS/Income & Asset certificate can be used.
- In spite of this, certain states mandate that certifications be renewed on a semiannual basis.
- The provision of an online service for residents of certain states to renew their EWS certificates, which will be carried out by the respective state governments, will lead to a reduction in the amount of time wasted and money spent on travel.
- Candidates are required to return to the Common Service Centre (CSC) from whence they originally submitted their applications for their separate EWS certificates in order to renew their EWS certificates offline.
How to check EWS Application Form Status?
- Launch the state’s official website on your web browser.
- To access the portal, go to the homepage, click the button labelled “Login,” and then enter your username and password.
- After a little while, a link to your submitted application form will become active. Click on it.
- The status of your application form will be displayed on the screen that you’re looking at right now.
State Wise EWS Application Link
|Andhra Pradesh||Click Here|
|Arunachal Pradesh||Click Here|
|Himachal Pradesh||Click Here|
|Madhya Pradesh||Click Here|
|Tamil Nadu||Click Here|
|Uttar Pradesh||Click Here|
|West Bengal||Click Here|
EWS Certificate Apply Online – FAQs
You can easily receive the EWS/Income & Asset Certificate by visiting the nearest Common Services Centre or downloading it from the state official portal. Links to a number of other states are also available on this page.
Those individuals who make an official application for the EWS Certificate will be granted a relaxation throughout the process of their admittance into schools or colleges, as well as a 10% reservation in government positions.
The candidate’s family should have an annual income that is lower than 8 lakhs, and the candidate themselves need to be an Indian citizen.
The amount of time required to complete the procedures necessary to grant an EWS certificate varies from state to state. The processing of the EWS certificate typically takes 21 days to complete.
Applicants who belong to OBC are eligible for 27% of reservations, whereas candidates who belong to EWS are eligible for 10% of reservations. OBC and EWS both stand for “Other Backward Classes” and “Extremely Backward Classes,” respectively.